AgYouth Program Description
DescriptionUnder the AgYouth Program, Association staff works through qualifying 4-H Clubs and FFA Chapters to provide interest-free loans to students with qualifying livestock projects. Association staff also provide educational assistance to these clubs by discussing the importance of accurate records, budgeting and honoring obligations to repay.
ObjectiveThe AgYouth Program is intended to:
- Provide a beneficial learning experience for the participant.
- Support youth as young and beginning farmers.
- Be a marketing tool in support of the YBS Program.
Investing In Agriculture’s FutureThe AgYouth Program is a vital part of the Association’s commitment to Young, Beginning and Small Farmers. Targeted at the high school students with an interest in agriculture who have joined 4-H Clubs and Future Farmers of America (FFA) Chapters, these young people represent the future of agriculture as prospective farmers, ranchers, processors, agricultural-related businesspeople and citizens in rural communities.
Who Can Apply?FFA and 4-H participants nine years of age or older as of the beginning of the fair year who demonstrate a C average or better in school.
Project LimitsDairy – Replacement Heifer $1,500 max.Beef – Market Steer $1,500 max.Sheep – Market Lamb $500 max.Swine – Market Hog $500 max.Goat – Market/Replacement $500 max.Calf – Market Calf $500 max.
- Use funds to purchase and care for project animal
- Keep accurate records available for AAC to inspect
- Repay funds at end of project
- QUALIFYING CLUBS – Branch liaisons determine qualifying clubs as those willing to cooperate with Association in the administration of the program.
- INTEREST – The Association will not charge interest on these funds.
- FUNDS – are available for one project per year per student. Exceptions may be made with branch manager approval for one additional project for a different fair.
- APPLICATIONS – Each student will sign a standard application/agreement. A parent and the adult club supervisor must sign as well. Applications must be submitted no later than 60 days before the applicable fair.
- ADVANCES – All advances will be made payable to student AND parent or guardian.
* Restrictions apply to this program. Applications should be submitted early to qualify for funding.
AgYouth Program ApplicationDownload application here.