what does the AgLife program do?
The AgLife Program provides alternate financing and guarantee options for farmers and ranchers who are just getting started, as well as small or part-time operations. If you don’t qualify under our normal lending requirements, there is a different set of qualifications that may be an option for you.
Who can use this program?
If you fit into one of the following guidelines, you may be eligible:
- YOUNG: Age 35 or younger
- BEGINNING: 10 years or fewer experience in farming/ranching
- SMALL: Under $250,000 annual gross income from farming operations
Special Credit considerations
In order to address the unique credit needs of YBS farmers that have sound business plans and management ability, accommodations or credit enhancements may be considered such as:
- FSA or SBA loan guarantee
- Coordinated lending with other lending agencies
- YBS lending program with modified loan standards
Education and training
Through its AgLife Program commitment, the Association sponsors, supports, and participates in the following education and training activities:
- Middle school, high school, and junior college career days
- Junior college classroom instruction
- College scholarships
- 4-H and FFA chapter events
- Ag Leadership Programs
Marketing and Outreach
American AgCredit sponsors the following services that are helpful to YBS and potential YBS customers: