AgLife is an umbrella program with the mission to support young, beginning, and small (YBS) market producers with a spectrum of services and subsidiary programs. This includes:
- AgYouth – Interest-free financing for animal projects for young people
- College Scholarships – Tuition support offered through universities, community colleges and trade groups
- Young Farmer Rancher Executive Institute – a hosted 3-day seminar for customers in good standing to educate them on issues of succession and farm financial planning
The Association offers these programs to provide support to a broad spectrum of the marketplace, and has additional mechanisms in place to assist those producers who don’t qualify under normal underwriting conditions.
WHAT DOES THE AGLIFE PROGRAM DO?
The AgLife Program provides alternate financing and guarantee options for farmers and ranchers who are just getting started, as well as small or part-time operations. If you don’t qualify under our normal lending requirements, there is a different set of qualifications that may be an option for you.
WHO CAN USE THIS PROGRAM?
If you fit into one of the following guidelines, you may be eligible:
YOUNG: Age 35 or younger
BEGINNING: 10 years or fewer experience in farming/ranching
SMALL: Under $250,000 annual gross income from farming operations
Talk to your loan officer. The Program includes governmental guarantee programs such as Farmer Mac and other State and Federal guarantees.
SPECIAL CREDIT CONSIDERATIONS
In order to address the unique credit needs of YBS farmers that have sound business plans and management ability, accommodations or credit enhancements may be considered such as:
- FSA or SBA loan guarantee
- Coordinated lending with other lending agencies
- YBS lending program with modified loan standards
If you are, or will be, a “Young”, “Beginning”, or “Small” farmer, call or visit one of our local branches for more information.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Through its AgLife Program commitment, the Association sponsors, supports, and participates in the following education and training activities:
- Middle school, high school, and junior college career days
- Junior college classroom instruction
- College scholarships
- 4-H and FFA chapter events
- Ag Leadership Programs
MARKETING AND OUTREACH
American AgCredit sponsors the following services that are helpful to YBS and potential YBS customers:
- Young agricultural exhibitors at local fairs and other industry sponsored events
- Equipment leasing program
- Crop, mortgage, and life insurance
- Financial and business planning
- Retirement and estate planning
American AgCredit makes a concerted non-discriminatory and cooperative effort to finance young, beginning and small farmers offering programs designed to meet the needs of applicants to fullest extent of their credit worthiness. American AgCredit believes that Young, Beginning, and Small Farmer loans can be made on a safe and sound basis and supports making these types of loans as part of the overall loan portfolio, and does not discriminate in any credit transaction on the basis of race, color, national orgin, religion, sex, marital status, age public-assisted income, or because a right was exercised under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.